Terms and Conditions as of 2012–Burnside House 10 Grierson Drive, Deanston, Doune.
1. AVAILABILITY –The booking is made on the understanding that we will make the accommodation and amenities available to you on the dates stated. Should this not be possible due to events beyond our control we will endeavour to provide alternative accommodation. Should no other accommodation be available to you at that time we will offer you alternative dates or refund of your accommodation rental, but youwill have no other claim or remedy against us.
2. METHOD OF PAYMENT –payment shall be by cheque or bank transfer
3. PAYMENT -A deposit of 25% of the total rental is payable on booking; the remainder will be paid six weeks before arrival.
4. SECURITY DEPOSIT –A refundable sum of £200willbe included in the main payment for your holiday, and will be refunded to you within 7 working days of your departure, provided all is in order, there is no damage etc.
5. CANCELLATION –In the event of cancellation the deposit is non returnable and thefollowing scale of charges will apply; Up to 6 weeks –deposit only Within 6 weeks: Christmas & New Year weeks –100% of total holiday costs. All other weeks -6-2 weeks –50% of total holiday cost 2-0 weeks –100% of total holiday cost At the discretion of the owners, full refunds shall be made if the property is re-let for the week concerned. All cancellations must be notified in writing by the client and received by the Owner before the cancellation charges are confirmed. We strongly recommend thatyou take out holiday insurance which includes cancellation expenses.
6. KEYS –Once the key is given out it is the key holder’s responsibility to meet up with the remainder of the party. 2 keys are issued per booking.
7. TIMES –On the day of arrival occupation can be expected by 4pm but not guaranteed, on the day of departure accommodation must be vacated by 10:00am. Upon request, we may be able to allow guests to stay later, provided there are no incoming guests that day, and subject to this being acceptable to the cleaning company.
8. LATE –ARRIVAL -Please notify us if you intend to arrive after 7pm.
9. OCCUPANCY –Only those persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accommodation. If this condition is breached then we have the right to terminate, vary or reallocate the accommodation where all material facts are not disclosed. If the customer alters the confirmed arrangements an amendment fee will be charged. Any unauthorised extension of stay will be charged at the full daily rate. The accommodation may not be sub-let.
10. LINEN –Duvet covers, pillowcases, fitted sheets and towels are supplied.
11. CARE –Clients are asked to leave their accommodation and its contents clean and tidy when they are vacating. No fat left in pots and pans please. If excessive cleaning is required a ‘Double Cleaning Charge’ will be levied, normally £115.00. Please check the inventory and report any damages or breakage immediately. All damages or breakage of the fittings, utensils, crockery or cutlery must be reported to the owner and will be charged for. BlueTac must not be used on walls. Barbeque must be cleaned after use.
12. PETS –sorry no pets allowed.
13. RESPONSIBILITY –The signatory to the booking form accepts liability for the behaviour of all party members and for ensuring that the conditions of hire are adhered to, for loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents.
14. AGE LIMIT –The House cannot be rented to persons under eighteen, however group bookings involving young people maybe consideredby special arrangement.
15. PERSONAL EFFECTS –We will not be held responsible for the loss or damage to personal property of guests. Vehicles, their accessories and contents are left at your own risk. Postage and packing will be charged for return of belongings left behind.
16. ACCIDENTS –We will not be held responsible for any injury or death. All our guests are encouraged to have adequate property insurance for their holiday.
17. ACCOMMODATION –If for any reason the accommodation is unsatisfactory please notify us immediately so that the appropriate action can be taken. We cannot accept subsequent claims for shortcomings not notified.
18. DELAYS –No liability can be accepted should adverse weather conditions delay your travel plans.
19. RENT ACT –The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the period agreed for holiday purposes only. The terms of rent are excluded.
20. The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:-for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in the respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliances failure in the Property or garden,-for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters, beyond the control of the Owner, or-for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
1. Visitors to the House should conduct themselves in order and courteous manner. The management reserves the right, at its solediscretion, to remove any person(s) acting in a manner likely to be detrimental to the enjoyment of any other person(s).
2. Occasionally circumstances arise over which we have no control, making it necessary to alter, remove or delete facilities or amenities without prior notice.
3. Burnside House is a non-smoking house. However , there is an outdoor area for smokers. Please use the receptacles provided for cigarette ends.